position is a management level role. Area Manager act as the bridge between headquarters and outlet
managers / persons-in-charge and are generally responsible for:
- Outlets are running smoothly and
in compliance with SOPs and manual;
- Ensuring that corporate level
instructions and objectives are achieved by outlets;
- HR related matters including
motivating and disciplining outlet staff;
- Analysing and reporting on restaurant
performance and taking corrective action on low performing outlets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Description will be periodically reviewed and additional duties and
responsibilities may be included from time to time:
- Direct, control and co-ordinate
the activities of several outlets and ensure operations are efficient, effective
and compliant with set standards at all times.
- Coach managers and outlet
in-charge to be more effective leaders.
- Regularly visit, report and take
corrective action on incidents of non-compliance at outlets.
- Monitor the operating costs of
several outlets and take corrective actions to mitigate them e.g. utilities,
wastages, repairs, etc.
- Monitor and counsel difficult
employees (e.g. tardiness, upkeep, attitude, etc) and if necessary, prepare
strict disciplinary action in co-ordination with HR.
- Train new joiners in Company SOPs (front and back of house)
and ensure existing employee skills are up to date and meets Company standards.
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve
- To receive and act on any other
instructions from headquarters, or any other person so delegated by headquarters.