As a key position in the Company reporting to senior management,
the Supply Chain Manager/Purchasing Manager is overall responsible for overseeing and managing the
Company’s overall supply chain for all its restaurants to ensure operations are
not disrupted and purchases are made cost effectively. The role requires both
strategic and operational planning to ensure productivity improvements. In
addition, it is crucial to maintain good relationships with existing suppliers
at the same time as develop dealings with potential vendors.
Without being exhaustive, the role’s primary duties and
- plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy for all the
- agree with senior management on the key supply chain metrics and report
on achievement of those KPIs against set targets.
- suggest solutions for process improvements and efficiencies in the
- identify supply chain process bottlenecks and implement solutions in a
- train and evaluate others reporting to the role (e.g. Purchasing, Demand
and Supply Planning, Central Kitchen and Warehouse Operations).
- determine the best procurement strategy that meets the Company’s
requirements including analysing / proposing counter strategies to minimise
price variances on Company’s bottom line.
- build and maintain good relationships with vendors.
- maintain alertness in F&B market and industry news to ensure the
Company is procuring and operating the most cost effective and operationally
efficient business model amongst competitors.
- manage an accurate and up to date-inventory system across all storage
locations and ensure stocktakes are performed monthly
- set and determine the par levels of stock and maximise available working
capital for the Company by reducing stock covers.
- review the quality of forecasts to minimise stock wastages and write
The role is also required to prepare and submit documents,
correspondences, reports, and scheduled presentations on time.